Quality of Care
We want to hear from you - your comments, concerns, compliments and complaints.
The Mamawetan Churchill River Health Region is committed to providing quality care.
The Mamawetan Churchill River Health Region strives to provide the best service possible. We appreciate hearing what it was like to be a patient or client in our care. If you have a positive experience in any of our facilities, please give your compliments to the staff.
What should I do if I have a concern?
We understand that at times, despite our best efforts, situations that cause concern occur.
- If you have questions or issues regarding the service you received, please speak to the member of your health care team who can best help.
- If you are not comfortable speaking with the health care provider, or unhappy with the response, speak with the person in charge.
- If you are unable to resolve your concern, the Quality of Care Coordinator may be able to help.
What does the Quality of Care Coordinator do?
The Quality of Care Coordinator will:
- Listen to your concerns.
- Explain the Mamawetan Churchill River Health Region policies and your rights and responsibilities.
- Talk to staff on your behalf if you wish.
- Assist in resolving your concerns.
- Make recommendations for improvements where necessary.
All conversations with the Quality of Care Coordinator are private and confidential unless you give your permission to speak or act on your behalf. The quality of your care will not be negatively affected if you raise a concern.
Patient Rights and Responsibilities
These statements outline what patients, families, and staff can expect of each other to make your stay a successful, safe and supportive experience.
As a client you have a right to:
- Receive high quality care delivered by professional staff in a safe environment.
- Be treated with dignity and respect.
- Information about your diagnosis and the likely course of your illness.
- Information about the benefits and risk of any recommended procedure or treatment.
- Give, refuse, or withdraw consent for a treatment or procedure and to know the medical consequence of your decision.
- Information about your follow-up care.
- Have another person present with you while being examined by a doctor.
- Know the name and qualifications of those people providing your care.
- Read or request a copy of your medical record.
- Expect that your personal and medical information will be kept confidential.
- Voice concerns about your care.
- Request a second opinion or change of doctor with no negative impact on your care.
- Communication in a way you can understand.
As a patient/client you will have the responsibility to:
- Treat our staff and other patients with consideration and respect.
- Respect the privacy of other patients.
- Give accurate and complete information about your health and medical history.
- Participate in decisions about your health care.
- Ask questions until you clearly understand your diagnosis, treatment, or method of care.
- Tell your doctor if you are using any alternative or complementary therapies such as herbs, vitamins, sweat lodges, acupuncture, etc.
- Provide a copy of your "Health Care Directive" if you have one.
- Designate someone to make decisions on your behalf if necessary.
For more information contact the Quality of Care Coordinator:
Regional Quality of Care Coordinator
La Ronge, Sk. S0J 1L0
Phone: (306) 425-4823
Fax: (306) 425-3298
Email: Quality of Care
For a printable copy of our Quality of Care pamphlet, click here.